Connect with us
ANE Scholarship
Categories:
X

ANE Stories

[STORY] BETTY AND THE BEAST (Episode 05)

Published

on

Kindly share this post:
BETTY AND THE BEAST by MIRIAM EDEM _ AllNaijaEntertainment

BETTY AND THE BEAST by MIRIAM EDEM

Episode 05.

I totally forgot Godswill called and the appointment we had. With the fresh breeze that was coming from the guava tree I was under, I went in and brought a mat to relax under it and eventually I slept off. I woke up with my phone ringing and I blindly picked up,
“Hello Betty, are you done? I heard Godswill voice and I quickly sat up cleaning my eyes.
“Sorry what’s the time now? I asked.

HEY! Download & Install The New ANE Android App To Your Device
Hello!! Have you heard about the deadly virus called Coronavirus? No? See What It Is & How To Prevent It Here. Also Stay Connected & Get Latest Updates On Coronavirus Here. Please be safe! We LOVE You.

“Its almost 1pm, he replied.
“Oh no! I’ll get prepared now please, I said and hurried inside with the mat to get prepared. I searched and searched through my bag looking for something reasonable to wear, that was when I realized I had rags in my bag because none was presentable enough to see someone like him. I decided to put on a simple gown I used for my aunty wedding last year, let loose of my natural hair that curled on my shoulders and Luke walked in and saw me.

“Where are you going to? He asked.
“Uhmmmm somewhere, I replied.

“Hmmmm Betty where are you going to? He asked again and I rolled my eyes.
“Don’t worry I’ll be back soon, I replied and Maxwell call came on my phone that was just in my bed. I took the phone and left the house immediately when I found out I was 30 minutes late.

ANE

ANE Scholarship

I arrived at the junction and called up Godswill,
“Look left, he said and I turned and saw the jeep parked. I crossed the road and got in apologizing I kept him waiting.
“No problem, you’re not looking bad, he said and I looked at myself shyly.

“Thank you, I said to him and he brought himself close to me which my heart began to beat fast as I saw his hand coming close to my chest. But he brought out a seat belt and fixed it on me,
“Here, it looks good on you, he said and I just breathed out and gave a weak smile as he drove off.

“So where are we going to? I asked.
‘A sit out, he replied.

“Is that why you didn’t want me to tell my mother? I asked.
“Hummmmm yes, he replied.

“But…… Where do you think we can sit out in this village? I thought sit outs is always in the city? I asked and he looked at me and smiled.
“You’re right, he said and horned at an okada man who recklessly crossed his path.

“We’re certainly not having it here, he continued.
“What! Where? I asked.

“You’ll see, he replied……..

We drove for about an hour to where the place was more busy. He stopped at a place and I looked at him,
“Are we there? I asked but he took the seat belt from me and opened the door. I slowly came down and he held my hands inside and that was when I saw it was a big boutique with clothes I only see in movies.
“Wow! Came out from my mouth as I saw a place I have never been before.

“You like it? He asked.
“Its beautiful, but what are we doing here? I asked back.

“Its mine, I opened it few months ago, he replied and two ladies approached us and respectfully greeted him.
“Yes, take her in and give her what ever she chooses. And yes, give her something to wear and don’t take long, I heard him said to the ladies and they turned to me smiling which I confusedly looked at him.

“What are you doing? I asked him.
“Don’t worry its safe, he replied and I slowly followed the ladies.

The clothes that were there was too revealing and confusing for me, the ladies had to make the choice for me yet I was uncomfortable with it. I finally came out with a short silver dress and a nice sandals to match and Godswill nodded,
“Beautiful, he said and arranged my hair properly.

“I don’t understand, why are you doing this? I whispered to him and he looked at the ladies.
“The bags? He asked them.

“Okay sir, they replied and left to get the clothes packaged,
“I’ll tell you everything okay, he replied when they left and my body was shaking.

They returned shortly with the bags and he took it,
“Send the cost of everything to my email okay, he said to the ladies,
“Okay sir, thank you, the ladies said and we left the boutique to the jeep.

He drove again for some minutes and stopped, and we came out into a beautiful place where we sat down,
“So what will you like to eat? He asked and I felt like crying for him. I never expected all this to happen and it was too much for me,
“I don’t belong here please, I replied.

“Tell me Betty where do you belong? He asked.
“I don’t know but certainly not here, and please sir why are you doing this? I asked and he was quiet and a waiter came to us.

“What will you like to order? Godswill asked.
“Uhmmm rice, I replied.

“Sorry ma’am what type of rice? The young guy asked.
“Let me see what you have, Godswill replied instead and got the list from him.

“Get us this please with Chivita, is that cool with you? He asked me and I nodded and the guy left.
“Betty relax, Godswill said seeing the way I was so tensed.

“How can I be? I asked.
“Betty what do you see? I know this is too fast and not expected but I can’t help it. I see your family as mine now and I just want to do everything to make you guys happy, is that wrong? He asked.

“Maybe its too much, I replied him.
“Because you feel you don’t have what it takes to repay me back? He asked.

“Exactly, such favour comes with a price and am scared, I replied.
“Do you see me that way? How did the society paint every good deed of a person to be this way? I must not have a bad motive just because am doing good, everyone is not the same you know, he said and I swallowed and the guy returned with what Godswill ordered for.

My mouth flew opened when I saw what was on the table. Hmmmmm such a food has never found a way to my stomach before,
“You must be hungry, let’s eat, Godswill said and I began to calculate how I will start using all the machineries that was on the table for just a plate of fried rice and a lap of turkey.
Can’t someone eat in peace without unnecessary stress? I asked myself as I looked around and knew Godswill just wants to disgrace me.

“Why? Don’t you like the food? He asked when I didn’t bother to touch even a spoon.
“Can I take it home? I asked.

“Don’t worry there’s a packaged one for the house, go ahead and enjoy, he replied and I just shook my head and ate it my own way………….

I burped loudly and quickly apologized very embarrassed I did that,
“Its alright, I do that a lot with my mother. Anytime am with her we practice every bad habit, he said and I smiled.
“Even fart? I asked.

“Ahhhh we compete with that, he replied and I laughed.
“Are you okay or you need more? He asked.

“No no I’m full, thank you, I replied.
“I’m happy you’re no more tense, he said and I smiled.

“When did you lost your wife? sorry to ask, I said and he heaved.
“About 2 years ago, he replied.

“It must be so hard for you, I said and he nodded.
“I’m being pressured to get married again. You know there are some positions in life that unmarried people can’t get, and sometimes when I get to sit out with my mates I will get to hear questions like “how is your wife? How are your children? And I feel left out, he said and I heaved and took the glass of Chivita and sipped a bit.

“You know when it comes to marriage we shouldn’t be pressured so we don’t get to make mistakes, I said.
“That’s so wise of you, but I am not falling into their pressure until i find the right one. And when I find her I won’t waste time to beat around the bush, I’m too matured for that, he said and I smiled.

“How old are you? I asked and he smiled.
‘You’re good in asking questions Betty, he replied.

“Yes I am, I said and he heaved.
“Okay but I’m a 36 old man, am i too old for you? He asked.

“Huh! For me? I asked.
“Yes for you, what will you say if I ask you to marry me? He asked and my eyes bulged out. I began to cough hard and he opened the water that was there for me to drink.

“You don’t have to joke with such a thing, you’re way far above me in everything, I said clearing my throat and he smiled.
‘Let’s see about that, but think about it okay and if there’s anything you want to know about me, you’re free to ask, he said and I just got weak.

He checked the time and looked at me,
“Let me take you home, he said.
“Oh yes its getting late, I said getting up before he did.

“Wait for me, he said and left and after some few minutes he returned with bags and we left.
I arrived at the village but he stopped at the junction where he carried me,
“You’re not coming in? I asked him.

“I will at the right time when I’ll be coming to see your mother. Send my greetings to her, he replied and handed all the bags to me and I turned and saw my phone at the side…… That was when I remembered I carried my phone.
I took it and thanked him for everything and left the jeep, which he stood there until I got on a bike and left.

I got into the compound and saw no one at home. I dropped the bags and decided to call Luke but saw missed calls on my phone that made me to shout Jesus.
“Where are you! Luke picked up when I called.
“I’m at home, I replied and he dropped the call.

Minutes later he walked in with my mother and the way she was looking I knew something must have happened,
“And where are you coming back from! She shouted before she even got to where I was standing.
“Mama Dr Godswill took me out, I replied and she paused and that was when she saw I was on a new fine dress.

“Ahh Betty you’re so stupid! So you could not tell me huh! She shouted.
“You made mama stormed into Maxwell place thinking you were there, Luke said.

“Maxwell? Why Maxwell? I asked.
‘It was his call I saw on your phone na when you left and again you refused telling me where you were going to so I thought you wanted meeting with him, Luke replied and I worriedly rubbed my forehead feeling bad because I know what my mother can do at Maxwell place……..
To Be Continued… . . .

Get More Stories Like This On: Facebook: @AllNaijaEntertainment, Twitter: @AllNaijaEntertainment

Don’t Miss!

Join "ANE sabi" clique

Don't miss a thing, get ogbonge ANE latest updates to fuel your conversation daily.

Latest Exchange Rate

Donate To ANE!

Mind buying a coffee to support us here at All Naija Entertainment?. Yes?

Donate Now
Sarina Wiegma wants England Women to remain grounded after win over Netherlands
Sports2 hours ago

Sarina Wiegma wants England Women to remain grounded after win over Netherlands

‘I was filled with delight and deliciousness’: Singer-songwriter Rachel Sermanni on being revitalised for new EP
Entertainment2 hours ago

‘This is me in my previous life’ – Iyabo Ojo opens up on the history behind her name
Entertainment2 hours ago

How Tonto Dikeh allegedly turned down N85m from a big political party just to join ADC
Entertainment2 hours ago

BETTY AND THE BEAST by MIRIAM EDEM _ AllNaijaEntertainment
ANE Stories6 hours ago

[STORY] BETTY AND THE BEAST (Final Episode 20)

News7 hours ago

US Supreme Court ends right to abortion

SADE's HEART TALE by Amah's Heart _ AllNaijaEntertainment
ANE Stories7 hours ago

[STORY] SADE’S HEART TALE (Episode 03)

He was my best buddy, and I was delighted. Reactions to what Tania Omotayo says about Wizkid and the "ex" label
Entertainment12 hours ago

He was my best buddy, and I was delighted. Reactions to what Tania Omotayo says about Wizkid and the “ex” label

Chimamanda: How I have been protecting my daughter from malaria

Blasphemy: Kano singer to remain in detention as a’court reserves judgement

Sports12 hours ago

2022 U-17 WWC: Nigeria’s Flamingos To Face Germany, Chile, New Zealand

Bola Tinubu
News12 hours ago

South-South APC Leaders Pledge Support For Tinubu

DaBaby, Davido combine for ‘Showing Off Her Body’
Entertainment13 hours ago

DaBaby, Davido combine for ‘Showing Off Her Body’

Kwara records first case of monkeypox as NCDC confirms new infections in four states
News13 hours ago

Zelensky’s message was beamed onto The Other Stage today
General15 hours ago

Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelensky speaks to Glastonbury crowds ahead of Libertines set and pleads for peace amid Russian war

Entertainment17 hours ago

TG Omori Reacts To Being Compared To Clarence Peters

Entertainment18 hours ago

“Bobrisky Threatened To Kill Me If I Didn’t Quit Being A Drag Queen” – James Brown

News18 hours ago

Lagos Police Arrests Forgers Of Vehicle Registration Documents

News18 hours ago

S84(12): Supreme Court Strikes Out Buhari, Malami’s Suit On Electoral Act

News18 hours ago

2023: Nothing Wrong With Muslim-Muslim Ticket – Tanko Yakassai

Buhari
News18 hours ago

FG Hints At Salary Increase For Civil Servants, Uncovers ‘5,000’ Ghost Workers

Love Island viewers in shock over Davide Sanclimenti’s ‘sloppy’ kiss with Danica Taylor: ‘It’s like he’s never eaten before’
Entertainment20 hours ago

We’re not aware Amotekun arrested Owo massacre masterminds – Monarch, CAN
News21 hours ago

We’re not aware Amotekun arrested Owo massacre masterminds – Monarch, CAN

News22 hours ago

Marketers Notify FG On Planned Fuel Price Hike, Queues Persist

News22 hours ago

Over 500 WhatsApp, SMS Received Daily Since Tinubu Picked Me As Running Mate – Masari

News22 hours ago

Plateau State Declares Two Days As Public Holiday For PVC Registration

News22 hours ago

Labour Party Needs Control Of States To Make Obi President – Ned Nwoko

Buhari
News22 hours ago

Kanu Felt Very Safe Condemning Nigeria From Britain – Buhari To Boris Johnson

News22 hours ago

Lagos Ranked Second Worst Liveable City In The World

News23 hours ago

Nigeria’s Revenue From Train Services Increased By 199% To ₦6.1bn In One Year

Lisandro Martinez
Sports1 day ago

Manchester United have concern in race with Arsenal for Ajax defender Lisandro Martinez

Chelsea plan bid for Raphinha after Arsenal’s failed offer
Sports1 day ago

Chelsea plan bid for Raphinha after Arsenal’s failed offer

News1 day ago

Court remands five youths who tortured lady in viral video

Winning AFCON 2013 my greatest feat – Chaves midfielder
Sports1 day ago

Winning AFCON 2013 my greatest feat – Chaves midfielder

Wearable arm muscles could help overcome upper body injuries
Technology1 day ago

Wearable arm muscles could help overcome upper body injuries

Researchers built a low-cost camera system that recreates sound from vibrations
Technology1 day ago

Researchers built a low-cost camera system that recreates sound from vibrations

‘We are an island nation and must lead the battle to save our seas’: Scientist and documentary maker Ella Al-Shamahi’s clarion call after examining death of whale on Scots coast
Technology6 days ago

BETTY AND THE BEAST by MIRIAM EDEM _ AllNaijaEntertainment
ANE Stories4 days ago

[STORY] BETTY AND THE BEAST (Episode 13)

Done deal at Stamford Bridge after hours of negotiation for the transfer of a world-class player
Sports4 days ago

BETTY AND THE BEAST by MIRIAM EDEM _ AllNaijaEntertainment
ANE Stories5 days ago

[STORY] BETTY AND THE BEAST (Episode 12)

BETTY AND THE BEAST by MIRIAM EDEM _ AllNaijaEntertainment
ANE Stories3 days ago

[STORY] BETTY AND THE BEAST (Episode 15)

BETTY AND THE BEAST by MIRIAM EDEM _ AllNaijaEntertainment
ANE Stories5 days ago

[STORY] BETTY AND THE BEAST (Episode 11)

All You Need to Know About Katrin Zytomierska Whom Her Instagram Post Of Gerard Pique With New Mystery Girl Goes Viral
Celebrities2 days ago

BETTY AND THE BEAST by MIRIAM EDEM _ AllNaijaEntertainment
ANE Stories4 days ago

[STORY] BETTY AND THE BEAST (Episode 14)

BETTY AND THE BEAST by MIRIAM EDEM _ AllNaijaEntertainment
ANE Stories3 days ago

[STORY] BETTY AND THE BEAST (Episode 16)

Journey Band
Music4 days ago

[Music] Journey – Open Arms

THE PROPER MRS by Onyekachi Ikeh _ AllNaijaEntertainment
ANE Stories2 days ago

[STORY] THE PROPER MRS (Complete Episodes)

The King and I: Texas star Sharleen Spiteri on why she is still all shook up by Elvis
Entertainment5 days ago

FLIRTATIOUS story by Opeyemi Ojerinde Akintunde _ AllNaijaEntertainment
ANE Stories3 days ago

[STORY] FLIRTATIOUS (Episode 40)

BETTY AND THE BEAST by MIRIAM EDEM _ AllNaijaEntertainment
ANE Stories2 days ago

[STORY] BETTY AND THE BEAST (Episode 17)

I CHEATED ON MY WIFE Story _ AllNaijaEntertainment
ANE Stories3 days ago

[STORY] I CHEATED ON MY WIFE (Episode 01)

SADE's HEART TALE by Amah's Heart _ AllNaijaEntertainment
ANE Stories2 days ago

[STORY] SADE’S HEART TALE (Complete Episodes)

I CHEATED ON MY WIFE Story _ AllNaijaEntertainment
ANE Stories3 days ago

[STORY] I CHEATED ON MY WIFE (Complete Episodes)

Lucky Fans Finds Davido's Customized Jacket After His Performance In Boston, USA
Entertainment5 days ago

Lucky Fans Finds Davido’s Customized Jacket After His Performance In Boston, USA

SADE's HEART TALE by Amah's Heart _ AllNaijaEntertainment
ANE Stories2 days ago

[STORY] SADE’S HEART TALE (Episode 01)

‘I think everyone is looking for the summer of their lives’: Nina Nesbitt on returning to the stage, TikTok and her long-awaited third album
Entertainment5 days ago

Ousmane Dembele
Sports6 days ago

Ousmane Dembele Confirms He Is Staying At FC Barcelona

FLIRTATIOUS story by Opeyemi Ojerinde Akintunde _ AllNaijaEntertainment
ANE Stories4 days ago

[STORY] FLIRTATIOUS (Episode 39)

I CHEATED ON MY WIFE Story _ AllNaijaEntertainment
ANE Stories3 days ago

[STORY] I CHEATED ON MY WIFE (Episode 11)

I CHEATED ON MY WIFE Story _ AllNaijaEntertainment
ANE Stories3 days ago

[STORY] I CHEATED ON MY WIFE (Episode 02)

Music3 days ago

[Music] Drake, 21 Savage – Jimmy Cooks

Netflix seeks recruits for real-life ‘Squid Game’
Entertainment5 days ago

Squid Game Season 2 Cast, Story, Trailer, Release Date, Episodes, OTT Platform

Falomo Towers Ikoyi
News7 days ago

Housing: Sanwo-Olu Flags Off Development Of Falomo Towers In Ikoyi

THE PROPER MRS by Onyekachi Ikeh _ AllNaijaEntertainment
ANE Stories2 days ago

[STORY] THE PROPER MRS (Episode 08)

THE PROPER MRS by Onyekachi Ikeh _ AllNaijaEntertainment
ANE Stories2 days ago

[STORY] THE PROPER MRS (Episode 03)

I CHEATED ON MY WIFE Story _ AllNaijaEntertainment
ANE Stories3 days ago

[STORY] I CHEATED ON MY WIFE (Episode 04)

THE PROPER MRS by Onyekachi Ikeh _ AllNaijaEntertainment
ANE Stories2 days ago

[STORY] THE PROPER MRS (Episode 06)

Wizkid
Lyrics4 days ago

Kay Switch feat. Olamide & Wizkid – For Example (Remix) [Lyrics]

I CHEATED ON MY WIFE Story _ AllNaijaEntertainment
ANE Stories3 days ago

[STORY] I CHEATED ON MY WIFE (Final Episode 15)

THE PROPER MRS by Onyekachi Ikeh _ AllNaijaEntertainment
ANE Stories2 days ago

[STORY] THE PROPER MRS (Episode 02)

THE PROPER MRS by Onyekachi Ikeh _ AllNaijaEntertainment
ANE Stories2 days ago

[STORY] THE PROPER MRS (Episode 04)

THE PROPER MRS by Onyekachi Ikeh _ AllNaijaEntertainment
ANE Stories2 days ago

[STORY] THE PROPER MRS (Episode 05)

Kizz Daniel Releases Sensational New Visuals To Hit Track "Buga" Ft Tekno Miles
Entertainment2 days ago

Kizz Daniel Releases Sensational New Visuals To Hit Track “Buga” Ft Tekno Miles (Directed by TG Omori)

I CHEATED ON MY WIFE Story _ AllNaijaEntertainment
ANE Stories3 days ago

[STORY] I CHEATED ON MY WIFE (Episode 10)

Kay Switch feat. Olamide & Wizkid - For Example
Music4 days ago

[Music] Kay Switch feat. Olamide & Wizkid – For Example (Remix)

I CHEATED ON MY WIFE Story _ AllNaijaEntertainment
ANE Stories3 days ago

[STORY] I CHEATED ON MY WIFE (Episode 03)

ANE Billboard Hots!