Connect with us
X
Categories:

News

Lagos govt sets up N200m compensation fund for victims of SARS brutality

All Naija Entertainment

Published

on

Sanwo Olu

Lagos State Governor, Babajide Sanwo-Olu, said on Tuesday the state government had set up a N200 million compensation fund for families of people killed by the now-disbanded Special Anti-Robbery Squad (SARS).

Download & Install The New ANE Android App To Your Device
Hello!! Have you heard about the deadly virus called Coronavirus? No? See What It Is & How To Prevent It Here. Also Stay Connected & Get Latest Updates On Coronavirus Here. Please be safe! We LOVE You.


Sanwo-Olu, who announced this while addressing the #ENDSARS protesters at the Lagos House of Assembly gate, Alausa, Ikeja, said the fund would be completely supervised by civil society organisations appointed by members of the public.

The governor asked the protesters to send the list of everyone that had fatal encounters with SARS in Lagos to the state government.

He said the government would identify the families and ensure that they are compensated.

The governor said he fully identified with the #ENDSARS struggle, adding that many youths had been battered in the past by the police tactical squad.


Get More Stories Like This On: Facebook: @AllNaijaEntertainment, Twitter: @AllNaijaEntertainment
Reach us on WhatsApp via: +2348104471989

Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Don’t Miss!

Join "ANE sabi" clique

Don't miss a thing, get ogbonge ANE latest updates to fuel your conversation daily.




Latest Exchange Rate

Donate To ANE!


Mind buying a coffee to support us here at All Naija Entertainment?. Yes?

Donate Now

ANE Billboard Hots!



Join "ANE sabi" clique

Don't miss a thing, get ogbonge ANE latest updates to fuel your conversation daily.





Copyright © All Naija Entertainment.

css.php