Connect with us





THE UNFAITHFUL WIFE Story by Ebube Uwuze

Episode 07.

Download & Install The New ANE Android App To Your Device
Hello!! Have you heard about the deadly virus called Coronavirus? No? See What It Is & How To Prevent It Here. Also Stay Connected & Get Latest Updates On Coronavirus Here. Please be safe! We LOVE You.

I held a one hour meeting with my lawyer, Carl Lomotey, who assured me that once the DNA test proves that the children are mine, he will ensure I have full custody of them. He was confident that the judge will grant that request. I did not go to the hospital that day. From my lawyer’s chambers, I went to my children’s school with the hope that I will find them there. But their teachers told me they had not been to school for two days. It was obvious my estranged wife was keeping them away permanently. I assured myself that soon, I would have custody of them. I went home early that day. On arrival, I found Efe at the kitchen; she was still crying. I asked her to follow me to the living room where I had a twenty minutes talk with her. She listened amidst tears. “Such is life, Efe. But, we can only move on. You will see Peter and Pamela soon. I can assure you of that,” I told her, hoping that would cheer her up. The next day, I was up very early. If my Nora and the children had been home, we would have had the usual early morning devotion. But, alas, they were not at home so I had it alone. Then I prepared and headed for my lawyer’s place.

Carl Lomotey was waiting for me. Together, we drove to the Central Government Hospital where the DNA test was going to take place. We arrived there to find that Nora was already there with her brother and the men she had obviously employed as bodyguards. Her lawyer, Prof. Solomon Laryea, was also present. I sat down with Carl Lomotey as we waited all waited for George Oteng, the court Registrar who was going to be the Independent observer, to arrive. Five minutes later, he did. We were then all ushered into a consulting room. The medical doctor who was going to perform the DNA was not somebody I knew. He was called Dr. Clement Adu. When he said all was set and asked of the children, my wife asked his brother to go fetch them. Nana Kweku went out. He came in later with my children. Peter and Pamela.

“Daddy!” Pamela screamed on seeing me. She wanted to dash to my side but Nora stopped her..

“Pamela! Have you forgotten what I told you?” she sternly asked the little girl. I could see my son, Peter, wanting to come over to me. I felt like grabbing them and cuddling them in my arms. But I restrained myself, assuring myself that sooner than later, they will be back in my arms.

“Hello Peter and Pamela. How are you?” I asked them. Cowed by their mother, none of them replied but I could see how much they wanted to. The doctor led the way to the laboratory. We all followed him. Two laboratory assistants were waiting for us. The DNA test began. Ten minutes later, it was all over and we were told to go back to the consulting room.

Back there, we all waited. The doctor soon came back with a report sealed in an envelope. He gave it to the Registrar who got all of us to sign on the seal. Then he asked us to come back to the court the following day where the envelope will be opened and the contents known. With that, we all filed out of the place.

Once outside, both Peter and Pamela began to cry that they wanted to come to me. However, Nana Kweku and his sister, Nora, will not let them. I looked on with a heavy heart as they were dragged towards the vehicle they had come in. A few minutes later, the car was driven away. I felt broken within. Suddenly, I began to wonder whether Nora was the same loving, God-fearing, humble and caring woman I met years ago, fell in love with and married.

“It is okay, Mr. Mensah. Let us go,” my lawyer told me. I felt like going back in to see the doctor to ask him what the result was but I decided against it. Of course, the children were mine. The DNA will prove it. I went home, hopeful that the next day, the truth, that I was the father of Peter and Pamela will beestablished Efe, my maid, was anxiously and faithfully waiting for me when I arrived home. She was anxious to know what the result of the DNA test was. “Efe, we shall know tomorrow in court but have no doubts. Peter and Pamela are my biological children and this will be proven by the DNA test. Efe, I could see, was totally disoriented by all that was happening and she had good reasons to feel that way. Since she came to live with us, nothing serious had happened to shake the unity and harmony in the party. We were all just one happy young family. Then suddenly, everything seemed to be crumbling like a pack of cards.


Despite her plea that evening, I skipped supper, went to have my bath and went straight to bed. But, I was to have a sleepless night. My mind kept on going back to my children when I saw them at the hospital and their attempt to break free from their mother’s hold and come to me. My heart yearned for them. Finally, I managed to fall asleep only to wake up about an hour later hoping it was about 6:00a.m. Realizing it was 3:00 a.m, I sat up in bed, paced the room, walked out of the bedroom, went to the children’s room, went to the living room and finally went outside as I restlessly waited for day to break. Finally, it was 6:00a.m. I went to have my bath and dressed up before 7:45 am. As usual, Efe was ready for me with breakfast when I came out of the room. She had prepared tea with sandwich for me. I declined the breakfast and said I had to go. I noticed the sad expression on her face as I headed for my vehicle. It was when I got to the car that I saw John, my driver. He had just finished washing the car. His two weeks leave had come to an end so he had reported for duty. I was glad that I wasn’t going to drive.

My driver’s sombre disposition was enough indication that he was aware of the fire raging on in my house. Obviously, Efe had briefed him. As far as I was concerned, that was good as it saves me another task of explaining to my driver what was happening. On our way, I phoned Carl Lomotey to tell him I was heading for the court. He said he was already at the court; my estranged wife was also there with the children.

Knowing that my children were in court gave me mixed feelings. On one hand, I reasoned that in at most a couple of hour’s time, they will be in my custody. But I was also pained by the fact that they had to be put through a court session. I wished they were not going to witness a legal tussle between their mother and I. Finally, I arrived at the court. Immediately, I spotted Nora and the children. They were seated on the front bench in the middle row of chairs on the court room. I made no attempt to go to them, repeatedly assuring myself that very soon, my children will be reunited with me.

The court room was quiet as all awaited the judge. I sat by my lawyer while Prof. Solomon Laryea sat by Nora and the children. She looked beautiful as usual. There was innocence and decency written all over her.

Indeed, no one can judge a book by the cover. No one, by looking at Nora, would believe that she, a married woman, was capable of having s-x with another man in my bedroom and on our bed. She was a holy devil, I told myself as I sat there, occasionally staring at her. My children, Peter and Pamela sat calmly by her, not understanding what had taken place so far and what was about to take place.

Again, I longed to have them in my arms; to hold them, cuddle them, kiss them and play with them. Presently, a loud voice announcing that the judge was about to enter the court room boomed, interrupting my thoughts. We all got up in the room. The judge entered. He looked clam and composed. We all rose to our feet, sitting down only after the judge had taken his seat. All the lawyers in the room bowed lightly to the judge before taking their seats once more.

I sat down calmly in-between my lawyer and his partner, K.A. Ofori . None of my relatives or friends were in court with me to give me moral support because only my house-help, Efe, and my driver, knew about the case. I had kept everybody in the dark. My colleague doctors also knew about the case but did not know we were in court litigating over my fatherhood of my children. Two cases were called and dealt with. The first case was a theft case involving an old man who was arrested for stealing food somebody had bought. He pleaded guilty to the charge of stealing. The judge, one could see, felt sorry for the old man. He warned him not to steal again even if he was hungry. Then he discharged him, warning him that the next time he is brought before him, he would deal drastically with him. The second case was an armed robbery case. Three armed robbers, with their police escorts were taken to the dock and then the handcuffs removed from their hands. They had already pleaded guilty to various charges and had been brought to receive their sentences. The judge described them as the scums of life and then jailed each of them 25 years in hard labour. Then my case was called.My estranged wife and I got up. The registrar got up to tell the judge that the DNA test had been conducted. “The envelope I have in my hand contains the result. The envelope was sealed in the presence of the two people here, I mean Dr. OforiMensah and Mrs. Nora Ofori- Mensah Both of them signed on the seal. Their respective lawyers signed as their witnesses. Now, I will give each of them the envelope to check if the seal had been broken or not” the Registrar said.


He gave me the envelope. I checked the seal. Everything showed the seal had not been opened. Nora, my lawyer and then Nora’s lawyer all took turns to check the seal. With all of us satisfied, the judge ordered the envelope to be opened and the contents read to the hearing of everybody.

The Registrar complied. He began to open the seal. I was calm, confident that I was going to be vindicated. I looked over at Nora. She too looked calm, and in fact confident.

The Registrar finished opening the envelope and pulled out a piece of paper in it. The judge asked him to read the content.

The court room was dead quiet. The Registrar began to read. The sum totality of what he read simply meant that the DNA test had proven that I was not the biological father of my children. Or, perhaps, I did not hear the Registrar well.

I looked over at where my estranged wife sat; beaming with a smile, she was hugging my son. She looked victorious and this meant I had heard the Registrar well. She turned to hug her brother who was sitting behind her.

“What did the DNA result say?” I asked my lawyer, who putting a hand on my shoulder said all was well so I should take it like a man.

“Take what like a man? You mean the result showed that Peter and Pamela are not my children?” I asked, the tone of my voice rising.

“Please calm down and lower your voice or the judge will be angry with you. The judge is about to speak. Let us listen to him first” my lawyer pleaded with me. I could hear the sound of my heart as it beat violently in its place of abode in my chest. I could see my wife jubilating. The judge began to speak.

“…the result is conclusive that Dr. Ofori- Mensah is not the biological father of Peter and Pamela. The wish of Madam Nora that Dr. Ofori-Mensah should not come anywhere near the two children must therefore be respected” he said in part.

To be continued…

Question: Oh gracious God! The seal was still intact, Do you smell Conspiracy? Should Dr. Mensah react or just accept things like that?.

Get More Stories Like This On: Facebook: @AllNaijaEntertainment, Twitter: @AllNaijaEntertainment

Don’t Miss!

Join "ANE sabi" clique

Don't miss a thing, get ogbonge ANE latest updates to fuel your conversation daily.

Latest Exchange Rate

Donate To ANE!

Mind buying a coffee to support us here at All Naija Entertainment?. Yes?

Donate Now

ANE Billboard Hots!

Join "ANE sabi" clique

Don't miss a thing, get ogbonge ANE latest updates to fuel your conversation daily.

Copyright © All Naija Entertainment.