Connect with us
Categories:

News

Plateau attacks: Over 100 killed in renewed clash

All Naija Entertainment

Published

on

As at Monday morning, reports has it that 103 corpses have been recovered following attacks by suspected Fulani herdsmen on some communities in Jos, Plateau state, in the north central, Nigeria and the subsequent retaliation by locals who claimed to have taken up arms in self defence.

The Plateau state police command spokesperson, ASP Mathias Tyopev, had earlier confirmed that 11 corpses have been recovered in the wake of the crisis.

Community leaders in some of the areas attacked alleged that the military special task force, STF, is trying to destroy evidence of the killings.

“One Col. Bello, who is the the STF PRO along other Military Personnel, have gone to Nyer village in Barkinladi where over 80 people were killed yesterday as well as other villages where people were killed forcing them to bury the corpses as the only condition for them to get assistance by way of medical treatment to those with injuries,” a community leader, Chimfom Ayuba alleges.

READ ALSO  CAN reveals reason behind Benue, Taraba killings

Our correspondent also gathered that some soldiers were either killed or have gone missing following the outbreak of the crisis in the state on Sunday evening. But the Task Force Commander, Operation Safe Heaven in Jos, Plateau state, have dismissed the rumour, saying, ‘No Soldier is missing.’

While commiserating with the people over the unfortunate incident, particularly in Xland, Gindin Akwati communities of Barkin Ladi Local Government area and Mangu Hale in Mangu local government, the Commissioner of Information and Communications in the state, Mr. Yakubu Datti, in a statement on Monday morning, said, Government is deeply pained that despite concerted efforts which had led to the restoration of relative peace across the state, some unpatriotic elements are bent on disrupting the gains so far made.

READ ALSO  “I Am Not Afraid To Condemn The Attacks On Christians And Churches” – VP Osinbajo

“The Government condemns the attacks and government has mobilised the full compliments of security forces who are restoring normalcy in the affected areas and environs.

“Government holds every single life as sacred hence it has mobilized medical and relief agencies to ameliorate the distressed.

“The Rescue administration is committed to ensuring a safe and secured environment that will guarantee peaceful coexistence among the various groups in the state as it remains resolute to the well being of all people,” the statement said.

The Commissioner also appealed to citizens not to take laws into their hands and cooperate with security agencies to prevent further break down of law and order and to track perpetrators of the evil acts.

READ ALSO  Osinbajo says Mungo Park did not discover River Niger

Meanwhile, the curfew imposed on the state from 6:00pm to 6:00am stands.

Get More Stories Like This On: Facebook: @AllNaijaEntertainment, Twitter: @AllNaijaEntertainment

Advertisement
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

You May Also Like

css.php